Here is the final list of everything happening in Bournville Park this Sunday 24th September between 12-14:30
- BBQ (if weather is good)
- hot drinks
- cakes – please bring a cake to share
- Ice Cream van
- Face Painting
- Community Games (sack races, egg and spoon, three legged race etc.)
- Games and Side stalls,
- at 2pm – Duck Race (200 ducks sent down the stream)
Follow us on twitter @BournvilleHSA
Come along and meet the teachers, other parents, other kids and enjoy the activities that we have put on!
This year we welcome Yr 6 pupils who are volunteering at the event. If you are able to join them then email us at email@example.com .
It’s always great fun! The PTA Quiz Night is back. 19:30 onwards. BYOB. £6 per ticket includes fish and chip supper. Up to 10 to a table. No cheating! Book now by completing the form here.
We have got another Car Boot Sale coming up on 17th June 2017. Hope you can join us at 11am to pick up a bargain or two! We will have the BBQ going and selling light refreshments along with House Captains Summer Fete games, stalls and activities to join in!
If you wish to book a pitch please read below and complete and submit this form.
CONDITIONS FOR SELLERS:
- For health and safety reasons cars will be allowed into the car park on a timed ticket basis.
- Tickets will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Each ticket will display the time the car is allowed on site (8.30am, 9.00am, 9.30am or 10.00am). Cars will not be allowed on site until the time shown on their ticket.
- Tickets will be issued on receipt of this competed application form and a non-refundable cheque for £8.00 made payable to ‘Bournville Schools HSA’. Forms should be returned to the Infant or Junior School office.
- Once parked, there will be no movement of cars on or off site until after the public leave at 2.00pm.
- Please note that transit vans and trailers will not be permitted onto the site.
- The council permits sale of articles surplus to domestic requirements – normally described as ‘jumble & bric-a-brac’. No commercial traders or new goods are permitted.
JOINING INSTRUCTIONS FOR SELLERS:
Once your booking form has been processed you will receive your time slot with the following instructions.
Welcome to the Bournville HSA Car Boot Sale!
Thank you for your support and we hope you have a profitable day. Could we please ask you to bear in mind a few simple rules:
Please arrive within your allotted time slot
Please bring tables with you
Please do not leave before the end of the event
Please clear up any rubbish and take it home with you
Have a good day!
What a great end to the year! Thanks to all those that came along and made the Christmas Fair a success, and to those that gave up their time to run the stalls and activities. It was great to see the event so well attended. A particular thanks to Abbi Nash, Alison Martin, Justine Raven and Michelle Neal and the wider team for pulling it all together, not only with the Fair, but throughout the year as well.
In fact there isn’t anyone that we aren’t going to thank, as if you are reading this you are more than likely to have supported the PTA activities in one way or another throughout 2016, either by attending the events, buying items from the shop, ordering DVDs, Christmas Cards, sending your kids to the disco or volunteering your time to make fun things happen around School!
As a result of this support, the total the PTA can donate to both Schools is £14,000 with £6,000 going to Infants and £8,000 going to Juniors. The funds will go towards kitting out the Bus in Infants playground and the development of the new teaching spaces in the Juniors playground.
Next year we will be looking at bringing more parent volunteers closer to specific activities to share out the tasks so that the PTA can continue to be both as active as it has been, and sustainable with more core volunteers. We are particularly looking for parents that love admin tasks to help with processing event tickets sales and Christmas card orders. Also parents that love mass catering – particularly BBQs. Lucette, who oversees the School Shop, will also be looking for new volunteers to ensure that the Year 6 Shop Team can continue to run and develop the Shop and all the enterprise activities that have emerged from having that resource available to them. Have a think and if you are keen please say hello!
In the meantime, have a great Christmas, and see you in 2017 ready for another full year of PTA activities!
– Santa Photos from Christmas Fair are in book bags today
– Congratulations if you are raffle prize winner. All winners have been contacted.
– Year 1 Christmas Production DVDs will be available in January from the School Shop priced at £5 each
– The calendar of events is now on our website at https://bournvillehsa.wordpress.com/calendar
Thanks to everyone that got involved in running, or attending the Christmas fair on Saturday – it was great to see it so busy!
A particular thank you to Abbi Nash and the team of volunteers and staff who pulled it together and made it a great occasion. Once again both Schools were converted into a winter wonderland with great decorations, fun activities and festive cheer!
The Nutcracker Christmas Fair 3rd Dec 11:00 – 15:00 – it’s going to be great!
Have lunch in the Café – Turkey baps, hot dogs, sandwich grab bags, samosas, hot drinks and cakes and then enjoy crafts, games, House Captain activities, 17 Designer/Maker stalls, visit Santa and his team in the Grotto, and new for this year the “Gift Room”.
We have brought a whole stack of presents appropriate for kids to give to their parent/carers. They have to go in to the Gift Room on their own, pick from the selection and wrap it! We also have a raffle running throughout December with prizes donated by the Designer/Maker stall holders and local businesses.
Pre-order your Nutcracker Adventure Tickets here http://bournvillejunior.org.uk/forms/ – order as many as you like (they are free!) and have them delivered through book bags ready for the Fair!
Friday 25th November is non-uniform day in return for donating Tombola prizes for the Christmas Fair.
Please bring in any, and as many, donations as you like in on that day and bring them into your classrooms – we have a team ready to sort through for the Infant and Junior Tombola.